Construction on Manti's Historic City Hall was begun in 1875. The early pioneer ethics of only paying for what they could afford affected the completion of the building. The first usable room was finished in 1882 and housed the Manti City Council. The rest of the building was finished as they could afford it. It was used as the Manti city offices until 1986. It then stood idle until June 2002 when a community group joined forces to restore it. The restoration was financed with donations and grants and the work was done with over 4,400 hours of volunteer labor. It is listed on the National Historic Register.